Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Urgency

If we who know Jesus need Him, how much more do those around us need Him? Every person who does not know Christ is a dead person, for life comes only through Christ. So they need Jesus. If every believer were to tell one person about Jesus, what would this world be like? As the days go by, I ask myself the question, "What am I doing Lord?" My life is supposedly all about you,yet so many times I let it be about me.

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself. All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments." (Matthew 22:37-40)

What if we lived life based on these verses? Would we talk, dress, behave the way we do? Would we miss a chance to tell someone about Jesus? If these two commandments were on our hearts all the time, what would our life be like? These days, I seem to reflect on my life quite a bit. And as I begin to realize how short I fall from these commandments, I praise God for Jesus my Savior who forgives and covers up my shortcomings. Daily I look to see what I have done. Sometimes I'm proud of myself, other times I feel I could have done more. But if I lived every second of my life according to these verses, wouldn't my life be different?

Urgency, do you sense it?

Do you see the dying people around you? Do you sense the Spirit prompting you to say something? I do. It's not because I do the right thing all the time that I ask these questions, but because my heart aches for the lives that are doomed for hell unless we tell them about Jesus.  For He is the answer to all life's problems.

Urgency, do you sense it?

Please pray with me this week as I feel this urgency. Right now, during this time God has granted me, I want to live like I've never lived before, and want others to experience it also.Will you pray for me, and for the boldness I need?

"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."   (Galatians 6:9)



Prayer Requests 
Pray for a harvest of new believers in India! Jesus said, "...Look, I tell you, lift up your eyes, and see that the fields are white for harvest." (John 4:35)
Pray that young people will respond to the challenge of missions.
Pray that we will make use of every opportunity to serve Him and give Him the glory.


Asia International Mission is an IRS approved 501(c)(3) non-profit ministry. 
All gifts are tax-deductible and 100% of donations are used as designated

No comments: