Thursday, May 17, 2012

I’m Not Called To Be A Missionary.

I want to introduce you to Matt Pouch currently residing as a missionary in Kijabe, Kenya . Matt has graciously allow us to reprint an article from his blog which I feel speaks to the truth of our "calling" as believers and members of God's family.



I’m not called to establish businesses in poverty stricken countries.

I’m not called to provide clean water to the thirsty and malnourished.

I’m not even called to be a missionary.

In fact the more I try to tell myself that this is my calling the more I worry if I can actually fulfill it. The more I desire to change the world physically or even spiritually the more frustrated I get.

  I’m just not called to be a missionary.

 The past two weeks I have spent a lot of alone time with the Father. He’s spent most of it taking away my heart for change and replacing it with a heart that longs to be with Him.

My true calling.

I’m called to an intimate relationship with the Father. I’m called to worship Him… every day. The actions that I do are an overflow of a heart that desires Him and hears His voice.
 That is where it starts. It’s also where it should end. With Him.

I choose to do this in Kenya. God confirmed it and said “Yes, Matthew. You may worship me there.” (Yes, God calls me Matthew)

 If we lived our lives out of a desire to love Him more, to long to be loved more, everything else falls into place. Whether I choose to be a bathroom attendant or a pastor, an attorney or a missionary, I’m called to be with Him.

My calling, your calling, isn’t a location. It’s not a job title. It’s what’s in you. It’s what’s in front of you.


                                                                          ********************


Prayer Requests
Pray for Matt and all those around the world who have committed their lives to an intimate relationship with the Father, and following Him wherever He may lead.  
Pray for a spirit of unity among Christian groups, that they would be kingdom-minded and willing to share resources.



No comments: