Monday, December 26, 2011

Our Global Village


When I first learned to drive, my dad gave me some great advice: “Never lose sight of the bigger picture.” He trained me to constantly monitor what was happening on my left and right, in my rear-view mirror, and as far down the road as I could see.

Over the years, I’ve realized that Dad's words apply not just to driving a car, but to other areas of life as well. In fact, I hear his words replayed in my mind almost every time I make a decision.

The Lord Jesus had similar advice when he spoke to his disciples about their role in the world. “...open your eyes and look at the fields!” He told them (John 4:35; Matthew 9:37). In other words, one of the first priorities and disciplines for every follower of Christ is to cultivate a global perspective.

When I use to jog through our community, sometimes I would catch myself looking down at the street in front of me. I kept reminding myself to lift my chin to take in my surroundings. It's a far more inspiring view. Life is too short to spend it gazing at the pavement.

Many believers, to their own loss, don’t take time to appreciate the grand sweep of God’s redemptive plan in the Scriptures, and how God has uniquely prepared them to participate. When we lift our eyes, Jesus points out, our hearts will be touched by the vastness of the harvest field, the scarcity of workers and the spiritual readiness of many to embrace the good news.
 ________________________________________________________________________________


Great Things on the Horizon  
“I lift up my eyes to the hills-- where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.” (Psa. 121:1)

Our strength and success comes from God, and He is doing marvelous things. There
is a lot of excitement in the air! Asia International Mission is preparing to launch several new ministry projects in the very near future. We are also making some adjustments to    existing ministries. Please join us in prayer for God’s wisdom and strength.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Prayer Requests

Pray for more contributors to commit to supporting the children at AIM sponsored children’s homes in India. 
Pray that Indian Christians will demonstrate the power of the gospel through transformed relationships with their spouses, children, parents and close friends. 
Pray for financial support to conduct medical camps in villages for poor.

Pray for the Unreached Badaga of India
Population: 267,000
World Popl: 267,000
Main Language: Badaga
Main Religion: Hinduism
Bible: New Testament
Status: Least-Reached
Christ-Followers: Few, less than 2%





 Asia International Mission is an IRS approved 501(c)(3) non-profit ministry. 
All gifts are tax-deductible and 100% of donations are used as designated



No comments: