Wednesday, December 14, 2011

From The Word

"When I came to you, brothers, I did not come with eloquence or superior wisdom as I proclaimed to you the testimony about God. For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified.  I came to you in weakness and fear, and with much trembling. My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit's power, so that your faith might not rest on men's wisdom, but on God's power." (1 Corinthians 2:1-5)


As we read Paul’s message to the Corinthians, let us draw strength and courage. Even the great preacher and evangelist Paul was sometimes afraid. Whenever we preach or give our testimony to others, let us put our faith in God and draw our strength from Him. Then we won’t let our fear, or wisdom, get in the way of the message and God’s power will be seen.

___________________________________________________________________________________


Have you prayed? Seek the Lord with prayer and fasting. Spend time in worship and listening prayer and in the Word – God will reveal His heart’s purposes to you and direct your paths.
He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. (Psalm 91:15)

Prayer Requests

Pray that Indian Christians will demonstrate the power of the gospel through transformed relationships with their spouses, children, parents and close friends. 
Pray for our ministry partners who deal with issues of bribery in their country. Ask that they would have wisdom and creativity to respond to the demands made of them. 
Pray for the persecution of our brothers and sisters in Christ; that God would encourage and protect them.





Asia International Mission is an IRS approved 501(c)(3) non-profit ministry. 
All gifts are tax-deductible and 100% of donations are used as designated


No comments: